Old chainsaws can be worth a lot or a little, depending on the make, model, and condition. For example, a Stihl 070 with an MSRP of $1,200 new would likely sell for around $300-$400 used. On the other hand, a less well-known brand like Jonsered might only be worth $50-$100 used.
Ultimately it depends on how much somebody is willing to pay for it.
What is the Oldest Chainsaw Brand?
The oldest chainsaw brand is Stihl, which was founded in 1926 by Andreas Stihl.
How Can You Tell How Old a Chainsaw Is?
If you’re looking to buy a used chainsaw, it’s important to know how old it is. There are a few different ways to tell the age of a chainsaw. One way is to look at the saw’s model number.
The first two digits of the model number usually indicate the year the saw was made. For example, if the model number starts with “17,” that means the saw was likely made in 2017. Another way to tell how old a chainsaw is, is by looking at its serial number.
The first two digits of the serial number also usually indicate the year it was made. You can also often tell by looking at the design of the saw. Older models will have a more basic design, while newer models will have more features and be more technologically advanced.
Of course, these are just general guidelines and there are always exceptions. The best way to know for sure how old a particular chainsaw is, would be to ask the previous owner or check the paperwork that came with the saw when it was originally purchased.
What Do You Do With Old Chainsaw Blades?
If you have an old chainsaw blade that is no longer being used, there are a few things you can do with it. One option is to recycle the metal. Another option is to donate it to a local scrap metal recycling center.
Finally, you could also repurpose it for another use such as making a garden tool or using it as a decorative piece in your home.
What is a Chainsaw Worth?
A chainsaw is a very powerful and versatile tool, capable of performing many tasks. Its value depends on many factors, such as its condition, age, brand, and features. A used chainsaw can be worth anywhere from $50 to $500, while a new one can cost upwards of $1,000.
Are Junked Chainsaws Worth Fixing?
Most Valuable Vintage Chainsaw
If you’re a fan of vintage chainsaws, then you’ll be happy to know that the most valuable one on the market today is worth a whopping $2,000! This particular saw is a Stihl 051AV that was made in Germany back in the 1970s. It’s in excellent condition and comes with its original case.
If you’re looking for a chainsaw that’s both collectible and functional, then this is the one for you!
Vintage Chainsaw Brands
If you’re in the market for a vintage chainsaw, there are a few brands that stand out above the rest. Here’s a look at some of the best vintage chainsaw brands to consider:
Stihl: Stihl is one of the most popular chainsaw brands on the market today, and for good reason.
They offer high quality saws that are built to last. If you’re looking for a durable chainsaw that will provide years of service, Stihl is a great option.
Husqvarna: Husqvarna is another top brand when it comes to chainsaws. They offer a wide variety of models to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that meets your needs. Husqvarna’s chainsaws are known for their power and durability, making them a great choice for those who need a heavy-duty saw.
Echo: Echo is another leading brand in the world of chainsaws. Their saws are known for being lightweight and easy to use, making them ideal for those who aren’t looking for something too heavy-duty.
Echo also offers a variety of different model options, so you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
Vintage Chainsaw Collectors
Are you a chainsaw enthusiast with a love for all things vintage? If so, then you might be interested in becoming a vintage chainsaw collector! There are many reasons why someone might want to start collecting vintage chainsaws.
For some, it may be the challenge of finding and restoring old saws. Others may enjoy the history and nostalgia associated with these old tools. And still, others simply appreciate the craftsmanship and engineering that went into making these early saws.
Whatever your reason for wanting to collect vintage chainsaws, there are a few things you should know before getting started. First, it is important to do your research and make sure you are familiar with the different types of saws available.
There are many different manufacturers, styles, and sizes of saws out there, so it is important to know what you are looking for before starting your search.
Second, it is also important to have a budget in mind when collecting saws. Vintage saws can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars depending on their condition and rarity.
Finally, it is always wise to consult with an expert before making any major purchase – especially when buying something as expensive as a vintage chainsaw!
If you love Chainsaws and have an appreciation for antiques then collecting Vintage Chainsaws may be something for you. It takes patience, research, and most importantly money.
Before going out and buying willy-nilly it is recommended that would-be collectors take time learning about various aspects of this hobby such as: What makes up a Vintage Chainsaw?
What companies made them? When were they manufactured? In other words, doing your homework first pays off in dividends later.
If you’re in the market for a chainsaw, you might be wondering about rare chainsaws. While there are many different types and brands of chainsaws, rare chainsaws are definitely out there. Here’s a look at some of the most popular rare chainsaws on the market today.
1. Stihl 084AV Super – This powerful saw was first introduced in 1984 and quickly became one of the most popular models ever made by Stihl. It’s no longer in production, but can still be found on the used market. It features an 84cc engine and is capable of delivering up to 3.5 horsepower.
2. Husqvarna 390XP – First introduced in 2009, the 390XP was one of Husqvarna’s most powerful saws ever made. It featured a 97cc engine that delivered up to 4 horsepower. Unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2014 due to new emissions regulations.
3. Dolmar PS-7900 – This massive saw was introduced in 2001 and quickly gained popularity among professional loggers and tree service workers. It featured a massive 109cc engine that could deliver up to 5 horsepower. However, it was also discontinued due to new emissions regulations.
What to do with old chainsaws?
When it comes to disposing of old chainsaws, it’s essential to do so in an environmentally responsible manner. Here are some options for handling old chainsaws:
- Recycling Centers: Check with your local recycling center or waste disposal facility. Many of them accept old power tools, including chainsaws, and may have specific guidelines for their safe disposal.
- Manufacturer or Retailer Programs: Some chainsaw manufacturers or retailers have recycling or trade-in programs. They may offer incentives or discounts for turning in your old chainsaw when purchasing a new one.
- Donation: If your old chainsaw is still in working condition but you no longer need it, consider donating it to a local charity or community organization. They may find it useful for their projects or use it for fundraising purposes.
- Sell or Trade: If the chainsaw is still functional, you can try selling it second-hand or trading it with someone interested in repairing or refurbishing it.
- Disposal at Hazardous Waste Collection Sites: Chainsaws contain hazardous materials like oil, gasoline, and other chemicals. Some areas have designated hazardous waste collection sites where you can safely dispose of these items.
Yes, old chainsaws are definitely worth something. While they may not be as powerful or efficient as newer models, they can still get the job done and can last for many years with proper care. If you’re thinking of buying an old chainsaw, make sure to have it serviced by a professional before using it to avoid any accidents.